Saudi Association for Venous Thrombo-Embolism (SAVTE) is a medical and research body that is considered as a part of the Saudi Thoracic Society (STS) and is devoted to increase the awareness and knowledge of Venous Thrombo-Embolism (VTE), and to facilitate advances in the treatment of affected people, as well as the routine implementation on thrombo- embolism prophylaxis measures among Health Care Providers (HCP) within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To perform joint multicenter research on the local incidence, prevalence, and pathphysiology of VTE in Saudi Arabia.
- To identify and investigate the unique characteristics of the illness including its morbidity and mortality.
- To focus on improving prevention & treatment of VTE, by promoting research, and assisting the development and conduct of clinical trials according to the highest standards for clinical research.
- To provide expertise to areas with healthcare disparities that will address issues related to the education and training of healthcare professionals in the field of VTE by means of local lectures, workshops, symposia and medical meetings.
- To disseminate knowledge and information on VTE to educate practicing physicians on the best and updated information by producing a local guidelines on diagnosis and treatment of VTE.
- To establish effective preventive measures and therapies, accessible to the affected patients using well prepared brochures and other media.
- To provide consultative services to health agencies and industry regarding advancing the treatment of VTE.